[sarcmembers] June VHF contest report...

  • From: "John Maetta" <j.maetta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <K6YR@xxxxxxx>, <Ed@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 19:49:34 -0700

All,

Once again the SARC clubhouse location provided a fun VHF/UHF contest operating
experience.

W6AB was operated by KA6BFB, K6YR, K6SHU, AD6LV and N6VMO.  The operators
manned stations on 50, 144, 220, 432, 902 and 1296MHz.
Throughout the weekend we had many visitors and local amateurs providing
valuable QSO points.

All the radio equipment remained fully operational with the exception of a
blown 20 amp fuse on the amplifier rack, this happened early Sunday morning.
We did experience slight interference between the 6 Meter and 2 Meter stations
when they were operated simultaneously.

6 Meters opened on and off throughout the mornings and afternoons, giving us
many QSO multipliers. Some QSO highlights included countless 6 Meter QSOs into
the midwest, east coast and Canada, thanks to a dedicated KA6BFB. We had a 2
Meter contact into grid square CN01, which is ~100 miles north of Reno, NV.
W6AB also logged 12 QSOs on 2 Meter moon-bounce.

We are now looking forward to improving our operating skills and making
improvements to equipment in preparation for the September VHF QSO Party.

Special thanks to WB6FLY, W6NBC and K6YR for providing equipment and antennas.

The contest logs are being processed and we should have preliminary results and
a breakdown of QSOs per band this week.

73

John
N6VMO