[sanesecurity] Re: Updated Script: clamav-unofficial-sigs

  • From: Brian Evans <grknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 08:35:42 -0400

On 8/26/2013 9:29 PM, Bill Landry wrote:
Brian, can you download the tarball from sourceforge again? I started out using -x and then changed my mind because -w seemed more appropriate for a whitelist flag. Anyway, I posted an update after I noticed the the mismatch, but you must have downloaded the tarball before I posted the update.

Bill

Re-downloaded from sourceforge with the same minor issues as reported.

Brian

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Brian Evans <grknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:grknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 8/25/2013 4:48 PM, Bill Landry wrote:

        Hi Folks,

        It's been awhile since I was a member and posted to the
        Sanesecurity list, I hope all is well on the spam fighting
        front.  I am posting a message now because I've had a few
        requests over the past several months to make some updates to
        the clamav-unofficial-sigs script, and I've finally found some
        time to do that.

        With that said, here are the script updates from the CHANGELOG:

        Version 3.7.2 (updated 2013-08-25)
           - Added Sanesecurity signature whitelist
        "sigwhitelist.ign2" file
             to the list of default databases in the config file.

    Not to rain on your parade, but this didn't make in the tarball.

           - DEPRECATED the "-b" (signature bypass) flag.  Although still
             supported, it is highly recommend that you instead use
        the new
             "-w" flag, which supports the newer ClamAV IGN2 signature
             whitelist format.

    The option in the --help and man page as lists -x as the
    alternative and not -w.

    Brian