[sanesecurity] Re: Updated Script: clamav-unofficial-sigs

  • From: Brian Evans <grknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:57:55 -0400

On 8/25/2013 4:48 PM, Bill Landry wrote:
Hi Folks,

It's been awhile since I was a member and posted to the Sanesecurity list, I hope all is well on the spam fighting front. I am posting a message now because I've had a few requests over the past several months to make some updates to the clamav-unofficial-sigs script, and I've finally found some time to do that.

With that said, here are the script updates from the CHANGELOG:

Version 3.7.2 (updated 2013-08-25)
   - Added Sanesecurity signature whitelist "sigwhitelist.ign2" file
     to the list of default databases in the config file.

Not to rain on your parade, but this didn't make in the tarball.

   - DEPRECATED the "-b" (signature bypass) flag.  Although still
     supported, it is highly recommend that you instead use the new
     "-w" flag, which supports the newer ClamAV IGN2 signature
     whitelist format.
The option in the --help and man page as lists -x as the alternative and not -w.

Brian