[sac-forum] Re: T-Bird Star Party

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 16:06:10 -0700

Don't really know what you are talking about. And this is off-topic for Forum and should be on the Board mail list. You should get on the SAC-Board mail list if you want to participate in planning Club events or come to the Board meetings. We planned the 2008 event in mid-Oct 07 where I solicited Event dates from the Board, and had follow-up discussions with inputs of concerns and some good ideas and pinning stuff down in mid-Feb. There were a dozen or so emails back and forth. I've noticed we typically get several innovative or otherwise 'suggestions' and 'why-did/didn't you-do-this/that' shortly before every Club event, esp Messier Marathon and T-Bird party. The good ideas we try to incorp or incorp into the next party after, and the bad ones usually get dropped immed. or forgotten over time. The webpage idea is a good one I think, and we thank you, and it will be incorp by next Spring (I hope) (Remember Glendale will not do the Fall event anymore due to budget constraints). No I would never expect and would never ask Pete to do something like that on such short notice.

Jack Jones
Phoenix AZ
Telescoper@xxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Hopkins" <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>