[sac-forum] Re: Star party tonight ?

  • From: "AJ Crayon" <acrayon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 09:30:03 -0700

Ken, here are the directions to the Saddle Mt site.  Note the GPS coordinates
are same as your middle one below.  Please be sure to check the destructions,
er instructions.  Note the dip and cattle guard crossing have been fixed.

Drive west on I-10 to the Wintersburg Rd. Exit, this is Exit 98.  Turn left
(south) over the freeway and you will be driving directly toward the domes of
the Palo Verde Power Station.  Drive for 9.1 miles until you reach a "T" at
Elliot Rd.  Turn right (west) on Elliot Rd.

** For the return trip, notice that Wintersburg Roadhas become 383rd Ave.**

Drive west on Elliot Rd for 5 miles until you reach mile marker zero.  The road
turns sharply right then the pavement ends and a wide dirt road begins.  Drive
4 miles on the dirt road to mile marker 11.  Turn left and drive 0.3 miles,
there is a wide opening on the left side of the road.  There is a white rock
marker on the left and room for lots of telescopes.  Altitude 1030 Ft.   N 33
21.465   W 113 02.323

AJ Crayon
Phoenix, AZ