[sac-forum] Re: SAC Maps (comments and corrections wanted)

  • From: Paul Dickson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:36:27 -0700

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 10:41:40 -0700, Steve Coe wrote:

> The maps look great to me.  Seeing as how you said that the links will not
> work for more than a few weeks, let get all this moved to the SAC web site.

How about letting me finish first.  :-)

> Since you have come this far, can you make up one for 5 Mile Meadow and
> another for the Hovatter "Antennas" site?  If that is too much to ask, then
> I will take it on.  I think I made a close up or detailed map of a few
> spots, let me see if I can find those.

Since I started the Flatiron map more than 4 years ago, Google Maps has
come along and has been gradually increasing the resolution of the site's
image.  Now you can see wheel ruts.  Cherry Road doesn't have the
resolution, but the road is on their map.  Buck Butte Meadow and the
Hovatter site don't even have this.  In fact, the Buck Butte Meadow seems
to be at a mile offset on my Arizona Atlas & Gazetteer versus the
measured GPS coordinates.

Why are we using the name 5 Mile Meadow rather than Buck Butte Meadow?

        -Paul