[sac-forum] Re: Novice Group and the current "problem"....

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:32:35 -0800

This is the forecast from the Phoenix National Weather Service for tonight:
.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING THEN BECOMING PARTLY CLOUDY.
CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE EVENING DECREASING AFTER
MIDNIGHT. LIGHT WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 30 PERCENT.

It may eventually become "...mostly cloudy in the evening...", but right now,
8:20pm, at my place (which is 15 miles west of the Cherry Road Observing site)
it
is clear and starry in all directions, except very near the horizon, and the
Milky
Way is very visible across the sky. Earlier in the late afternoon it did look
like
something was developing to the east, but it has disappeared and at this moment
Mars is clearly unobstructed at its current altitude in the sky.
Stan