[sac-forum] Re: Newsletter Fodder

  • From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:01:18 -0700

Two words for you David:  pellet gun.

Richard Harshaw

Cave Creek, Arizona

Brilliant Sky Observatory

From: sac-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:sac-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of David Hofland
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:59 AM
To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sac-forum] Re: Newsletter Fodder

He must have been a really fast counter!

PS for AJ . . .  Due to the unpleasant but unavoidable situation at my
observatory wherein my neighbors porch lights remain on until late evening, it
is quite unusual for me to even attempt observing earlier than midnight. (I use
the extra time to nap in preparation for lack of sleep later).  That, in
conjunction with a mild but still bothersome light pollution dome to my west
from the lights of town, pretty much means that anything more than a couple
hours past the meridian isn't worth trying to point a telescope at.  Sadly
then, Virgo has slipped away for this season for me.  But mighty Hercules is
still nicely placed so I'll go there for August's "Call".   Of course this all
depends on that the weather pans out.  Very iffy here in juicy Alabama.

David Hofland
Director, Student Services - BSN
hofland@xxxxxxx
256-782-5276