[sac-forum] Re: Estrella Mountain Regional Park Star Party - Light Show

  • From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 15:33:11 -0700

Be careful!  I was watching a show on the Science Channel the other night
and it said that lightning can strike within 25 miles of where it seems to
be focused. That is, if it seemed to be over Peoria, it could strike near
you too without warning.  Also if you feel your scalp start to tingle, you
have a few seconds before becoming a conductor for a centi-farad of charge.

Richard Harshaw

Cave Creek, AZ

President, The Saguaro Astronomy Club (2009)

From: rharshaw2@xxxxxxx
To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Show
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 15:26:14 -0700

Are there tall towers (radio masts) or other lightning rods in the area? If
not, you could be the contact point!  8^0