[sac-forum] Re: Show and Tell

  • From: "tpolakis@xxxxxxx" <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 16:08:35 -0400

Dick,

The KPNO infomercial went far too long, with essentially nothing to say
that wasn't already in the brochures.  He needed to be told (perhaps you
did) before he made the trip up from Tucson that he would get 10 minutes
maximum.  I bet that talk went for nearly a half hour.  I made a special
exception in asking for 15 minutes instead of 10, and actually had to cut a
time-lapse movie out of my talk because of the KPNO guy.

I agree with your show-and-tell guideline, but this was a one-off event
caused by one person.  I hope it doesn't discourage last-minute member
presentations, which are often quite good.

Tom

mail2web.com ? Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft®