[sac-forum] Correction: Paul Lind's Mirror Grinding/Polishing Machine

  • From: "Rotramel, Rick (AZ77)" <rick.rotramel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 16:43:49 +0000

SAC,

Here's a correction about Paul Lind's Mirror Grinding/Polishing Machine.

Something bugged me about a statement that I made at last Friday's SAC meeting.
I mentioned that I was "excited to see this machine in action" since the time I
first saw it when Paul "bought it". Well, Paul "built" this machine, see the
link below for a story in the January 2002 edition of Sacnews. See pages 3 & 8.

http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/SACNEWS/sac2002/sn0102.pdf

On page 3 is the following quote from Rick Tejera:

"We got to see how to use the tool to grind the curve into the glass, both the
old fashioned manual way, and using the machine Paul made to automate the
process."

So, Paul, I apologize for the error I made at last Friday's SAC meeting during
the Show 'n Tell presentation on the "Pouring of a pitch lap..." I was thinking
of the other polishing machine that you had purchased at a SAC meeting swap
meet, the one that is sitting on the shelf in your shop next to the drill
press. Oops.

Rick R.
SAC