[sac-forum] Re: [AZ-Observing] Re: 5 Mile Meadow

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:50:44 -0700

Andrew, the old "Desert Foothills Rest Area" (north of Pioneer Rd.) on I-17 was discontinued and absorbed by the construction of Anthem. You might try rendezvous-ing at Black Canyon City (at the Cafe there), or maybe earlier, say, at the Lake Pleasant Rd./Carefree Highway exit... although that overpass may be under construction, now... As I have a dinner date for Saturday, I am not making plans for 5MM, just having returned from the snows at Big Bear Lake...

Cheers,
Gene Lucas
(17250)

Andrew Goodwin wrote:

Aj, Wes Edens, Jimmy Ray and myself are caravaning up Friday noonish. Wes an I will be in Ham radio contact at any distance. we both now have CB radios as well, however as you know the range of CB radios is very limited. I will send you a meeting spot when we decide on one. Most likely it will be right of I-17 and north of Deer Valley Rd. I seem to remember a rest area just as you are leaving the city. I can't find it on the maps I have.
  As for the weather check out the days here:

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?hourly=1&query=86024&yday=150&weekday=Friday

Clear Skies
Andrew

AJ Crayon wrote:

Joe, you'll find Steve Coe already there.  He left this morning.
As it stands now I will wait until Friday to depart, presuming the winds will stay at the predicted 20 to 30 mph for the next few days. Don't want my scopes out in that. It appears the weather system will take that long to depart. This being the case my new plan is to stay through Sunday night departing for home on Monday.
Any takers?  Any givers??
AJ Crayon
Phoenix, AZ