[sac-forum] 2011 AAMM

  • From: "Ken Sikes" <kengsikes@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "SAC Mail List" <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "AZ Observing List" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 16:57:24 -0700

I also enjoyed this years AAMM, even if Sat night was not a great night, Friday
was. I did something different this year and worked on what I call "The Realm
of Galaxies list. I used Earth Centered Universe to create a list of objects in
the arms of Virgo stretching to Leo and Coma Berenices down to 12 mag. The list
consists of 178 objects. It was a treat to see six galaxies in the same field
of view of the 16". I worked this area until 2:00 ,I got too tired to stay up
any latter. I will continue this project until I view all 178 objects.

Ken Sikes