[sac-board] Re: Fw: check for software

  • From: Paul Dickson <sac-treasurer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 13:28:01 -0700

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 11:52:04 -0700, Steve Coe wrote:

> I am not certain that I remember a vote, as such.  I don't know that
> I thought that such a small outlay demanded a vote, I thought that
> started at 100 dollars.  But, if an electronic vote by email will
> do, how many more "yes" votes do we need to approve?  So far, Paul,
> AJ and Thad have provided a yes vote.  Paul, if you bring the check
> book tonight to the star party, I will see if David or Diane are
> going to be there.

No individual can spend money without approval by the board or by the
membership (this is typically the "budget").  The board may approve
sending up to $200 with exceptions recently added to the constitution.
The voting members of the board are the 5 elected officers.

For approval via this E-mail list there needs to be an OK by 3 board
members.  If we decide to do this elsewhere (eg the star party), there is
the need for the minutes to be recorded of that session.

Technically, the decisions made on this mailing should be include in the
minutes too, so those members not reading this mailing list know what
we've done (and for future references via the newsletter).

> I am motivated by the fact that I meet with the students again on
> Wednesday and would like to get this money issue take care of by
> then.

I can drop the check off on Monday or Tuesday afternoon/evening if
necessary.  This isn't a problem.