[sac-board] Change to SAC H400 List

  • From: "AJ Crayon" <acrayon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "SAC Forum" <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "SAC Bored" <SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:37:14 -0700

No doubt many have been following the chain regarding a difference amongst the
SAC, Ancient City Astronomy Club and Astronomical League's Herschel 400 list.
This was started by David Hofland, from Alabama, and a SAC member who did some
comparison amongst the entries.
As indicated there is a difference of one object.  SAC and the ACAC use NGC1750
and not NGC7814.  Whereas the AL is just the opposite.

What I would like to do is change the SAC list to be more conformat with the AL
list, primarily because it seems to be in a position to be used by more folks.
While making this change there will be a grace period for anyone doing the SAC
list that has already done 1750 and not 7814 to get credit for the H400.  I
don't know if there is any SAC member in this position - is there?

Another change that has to be done is to the SAC list for the H400.  NGC1750
needs to be removed from Taurus and NGC7814 needs to be added to Pegasus.
Since this part of the URL came from Steve Coe's observations could Steve
provide the observation to one of our webmasters for the changes to be made?

Questions, concerns or comments.

Clear skies,
aj