[sac-board] Challenger Center Donation

  • From: SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx
  • To: SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:00:06 EDT

All,
I spoke with Rod Ossowski yesterday regarding our donation. I explained the
current situation and that we felt the CSSC was a worthy cause. He replied he
is in no rush and we should make sure that we have all in order. He understands
the donation is not $5000.00 and is still happy to receive whatever we choose
to donate. Once again I think this reflects very positively on their
organization.

I will bring a motion at the next meeting to direct the proceeds of the sale
of the Schwaar mirrors to the fund. From he indications when Thad first
broached this at the May meeting I think this will pass.

If we get $900.00 for each mirror that will up the total to $3100.00. As I
said, The Challenger Center has made it clear that they are grateful we
considered them for this donation and are willing to wait for us to decide how
best to
proceed.

Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews