[ryerson_index] Re: death places

  • From: John Graham <johngrah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ryerson_index@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 12:02:04 +1000

Margaret,

Doug and Bill are both right.

If the notice says "formerly of Shand St, Gladstone" it is indexed as "formerly of Gladstone".

If the notice says "formerly of Shand St" without a town, we don't assume the town associated with the paper (although that would almost certainly be correct) but we index it as "formerly of Shand St". This is the only time a street name is indexed.

John

John I just want to make sure I am doing these correctly to avoid either you or someone having to correct them.

When a notice says formerly of Shand Street, Gladstone, do I put that or just Gladstone. I know you are not supposed
to put say 10 Shand Streeet, Gladstone in a notice.

I may have read the rules for indexing incorrrectly.

Margaret.