[rurallife] Re: URGENT: First Aid course places

  • From: Rural Life Centre <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 12:00:35 +0100

Thanks to everybody who responded so rapidly to the request for first aid
volunteers.

We how now notified the following names to the instructor and look forward
to seeing you on Sunday October 3rd.

Final details of the course are still awaited but it will be a six hour
course (exclusive of breaks - it might be an idea to bring a packed lunch to
avoid time lost in queueing at the cafe).

Beacuse 6' x 6' feet of floor space is neded for each student we will
undoubtedly have to spread beyond the village hall. Please ensure you wear
warm clothing as the Frensham building may well be cold!

"All students must be able to complete all the tasks on the course which
include laying/kneeling on the floor."

Each successful participant will receive an "Emergency First Aid at Work"
certificate and, I believe, a first aid manual.

Names now registered, and for whom the museum has to pay £30 each, are:

David Humphreys
Paula Hogsden
Bernard Ollivier
John Cooksley
Helen Porter
Chris Shepheard
Shirley Miles
Pete Andrews
Maurice Hewins
Judy Hewins
Peter West
Jackie Dalley
Gwyneth Rushton
Mike Hearn
Karen Wolf
Norman Emblow
John Newman

Your attendance at the course is being funded from donations in memory of
Graham Woolls who sadly died of a heart attack at the museum last summer,
and a donation made to the museum for the use of the woodyard (in which
Graham was closely involved) in a film shoot recently.

See you all on the 3rd!

Chris

--
Rural Life Centre           Old Kiln Museum Trust
Reeds Road, Tilford, Surrey, GU10 2DL

Chris Shepheard - list administrator