[rurallife] Posting etiquette - was: Fwd: Surrey Police: Residents asked to remain vigilant ...

  • From: Chris Shepheard <chris.shepheard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 19:30:03 +0100

Following comments by Rick Williams and others on this list, please
can we try to keep postings to the list directly related to the Rural
Life Centre?

I know this sort of information is important but this is not the
correct forum to distribute it through.

** The charter under which Freelists allows us to use their service
(for free) is that the postings relate directly to the Rural Life
Centre. They could have a legitimate reason for terminating the list
if they see the proportion of non-RLC related postings rise too much.
**

For those of you who would prefer not to enter into the
"conversations" that take place on the list (the reason it was set
up!), there will soon be a new list to which you will all be
subscribed but which you will _not_ be able to post.

The new list will be exclusively for announcements from the museum
itself and any replies made to those announcements will be directed to
this [rurallife] list.

If anyone wishes to make an announcement on the new list please
forward that request to me (via chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and I will
'transmit' the information so long as it meets the criteria mentioned
above.

Those of you that do not appreciate the "overhead" of chit-chat on the
[rurallife] list will be able to unsubscribe from it but still receive
important information from the museum (though, of course, you won't
see any responses made to those announcements).

Hopefully you will receive confirmation that you are subscribed to the
new list within the next two weeks (it will take a while for me to add
all your email addresses to the new list database).

Chris

--

Chris Shepheard writing as himself
chris.shepheard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx