[rurallife] Time to get writing!

  • From: Chris Shepheard <chris.shepheard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 19:09:28 GMT

Hi Everybody,

First of all I'd like to wish to all a happy and peaceful Christmas
and a well earned break after the extremely successful and hectic
Santa Specials.

One thing I always do over the festive break is think about starting
to prepare the February issue of Rustic magazine.

Well, I've just looked in the file to see what I have ready to use
from you all and I'm horrified to find that there is virtually nothing
there apart from an article on bodging from Bernard Ollivier and a car
boot piece from Jenny!

The deadline is January 5th and I can't let it slip far as we have to
get the membership renewal forms out and the notice of the AGM in
plenty of time before the meeting.

I'm quite happy to continue editing the newsletter so long as I get
enough material to put in it - I don't want to write the whole thing
because it's supposed to represent everyone involved with the museum.

So I'm afraid it's up to you...

Please, when you're sitting back relaxing over Christmas, have a think
about what has happened this year and what you've been involved with
and jot some notes down on paper (or better still an email straight to
me).

It doesn't have to be about just the Rural Life Centre - if you have
been somewhere interesting and discovered something about rural life
elsewhere please let us know.

Sorry to burden you with this "chore" over the holiday but I'd hate to
think the newsletter might not appear in February because there's
nothing to go in it!!!

Thanks in expectant anticipation,
Chris

--