[rurallife] Re: Road closed for 17 weeks.

  • From: Chris Shepheard <chris.shepheard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:13:50 GMT

In message <E1Pqrtc-0007KV-Fa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Shepheard <chris.shepheard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> *I am also concerned about the implications for *school and other coach
> *parties, especially as access from other *directions is limited for them.
> *i.e. weight restriction on the Tilford village *bridge. (the one from
> Elstead
> *direction.)

> Unfortunately they don't seem to have published a diversion route yet!

> I suspect it will go via Churt which is the heavy  vehicle route in
> any case. I have a feeling that PSVs are exempt from bridge weight
> restrictions - I will check.

I checked while we were out today and there is NO weight restriction
on Tilford Bridge any more!

I suspect the diversion route will follow the heavy vehicle route to
Tilford (signed) using the A287 to Churt then along Jumps Road to the
Pride of the Valley.

Thence down the Rushmoor straight to Tilford, and on over the bridge
to get to us.

What we must ensure that we do is to tell all booked groups/schools
about the diversion and the other way in.

However I suspect an awful lot of vehicles of all sizes will use the
Millbridge narrows (the low loader bringing the digger and dumper for
Tweedsmuir did!)

On the contrary to the heavy vehicle worries, I think the increased
passing traffic will lead a lot more people to "discover" the museum
and the café could do particularly well.

I also have a feeling that it could be a "technical" closure and that
access will be open along Tilford Road with the signs put up to try to
lessen the volume. Obviously there will be periods of closure and
delays but access is being allowed for all residents and businesses
"at all times".

Chris

--

Chris Shepheard writing as himself