Re: target-independent rumpbake in rumprun

  • From: Martin Lucina <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 09:58:34 +0200

On Thursday, 09.07.2015 at 01:12, Antti Kantee wrote:

Hi,

rumpbake is now a non-generated script, i.e. the same script is usable for
all platform/architecture target configurations. In other words, nothing in
app-tools exhibits conflicting behavior under the same name. In practical
terms, that means that you can now put multiple app-tools directories into
your path (e.g. 32bit and 64bit) and expect things to work. Down the road,
once the usual Makefile fixing is done, we will of course support installing
various toolchains into a single directory.

Very nice! I see that you've managed to figure out a way to use ELF notes
to embed the information we need. Good stuff.

-mato