Re: rumprun autoconfiguration and netconfig usability

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 11:27:28 +0000

On 16/06/15 10:50, Martin Lucina wrote:

rumprun kvm -I 'qnet0,vioif,-net tap,ifname=tap0' -W qnet0,inet,dhcp

I got bored of having to type the network spec every time I wanted to launch a networked rumprun instance for testing. Since I usually want the same network config but to vary the other params, I put the config into a bash array variable in my .bashrc:

RRNET=(-I 'tag,vioif,-net tap,ifname=tap0,script=no' \
-W tag,inet,static,10.0.0.2/24 \
-W tag,inet6,static,fd00::2/64)

And then I can rumprun with:

rumprun foo -other params "${RRNET[@]}" bin binparams

Couldn't work out how to do it without bash array variables due to the qemu params requiring whitespace. If someone knows how to do it for non-bash, I'm all ears.