Running Xen rumprun unikernels non-interactively (eg. piping rumprun -i to logger or systemd)

  • From: Martin Lucina <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 19:25:36 +0200

Hi all,

I've just submitted a patch to upstream Xen which will be of interest to
rumprun users who want to run "rumprun -i" non-interactively, ie. without
stdin and piping stdout to eg. logger. This also allows you to trivially
run a rumprun unokernel as a systemd service.

I'm including the patch here, it's very non-intrusive and if you want to try
it out on an Xen setup it is sufficient to rebuild only the "xenconsole"
binary from source and replace it on your system.

I also have a version for Xen 4.4.1 (in Debian jessie) should someone want
that.

Martin