Re: mounting devices

  • From: Robert Gifford <robertgif@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Justin Cormack <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 11:33:49 -0400

Thanks for all your help. I'll get on that.

Robbie

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Justin Cormack <
justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 12 June 2015 at 16:27, Robert Gifford <robertgif@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Justin Cormack
<justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just to ask the obvious, as you didnt mention it, did you create an
ext2 filesystem on it first?

See, I was worried that I forgot something obvious, but I guess it is not
obvious for me as I don't know what this entails. Could you elaborate on
how
to do this for Rump? When using rump_pub_etfs_register, it does not give
an
option as to what filesystem you might want on the device.

Unfortunately there is not a simple way, you need to run/reimplement
the newfs_ext2fs program or equivalent, which creates the basic
filesystem structures.

It is probably easiest to do that externally and then link that image
into your program.

Justin