Re: Adventures in PHP/Symfony

  • From: BCG <bgould@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 23:55:47 -0400

On 07/13/2015 11:49 PM, Justin Cormack wrote:

For reference sake, here's what my build output said when I tried to link
the files:
https://gist.github.com/0b5b701fcd7e6cd75d01

For symfony, things are a bit interesting. It appears to expect the
existence of a filesystem it can write to. I was hopeful I could change some
of the code to simply not use it, but that isn't proving straight-forward
(it appears to be a really central dependency to a lot of it). I'm not sure
if there's an option to really support this sort of thing on a rumpkernel.
It appears I can pre-build all the files it wants to build on-demand, but in
practice it simply doesn't work that way and always fails when attempting to
write to disk.
You can have a writeable file system, you will eg have to use mke2fs
instead of mkisofs and adjust things for that, but it is not a
problem.

Justin

Not sure about Symphony but some other PHP frameworks seem to write to the filesystem to implement a cache for things like compiled templates etc... if that is the case using tmpfs might be a good option if that is possible.