Re: Adventures in PHP/Symfony

  • From: Justin Cormack <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drakain@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 04:49:35 +0100

On 14 July 2015 at 04:44, Brian G. <drakain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just want to document some of the issues I'm having getting up and running
with PHP and Symfony so we can all have visibility into these things.

I will need to do this with ldl also, but haven't attempted to try that just
yet.

You will not be able to do that - dynamic linking is not supported,
-ldl is part of libc but does not exist statically. It can be faked
but no one has automated this yet (I have done it with a script in
the past). So this may be an issue.

What does it need dlopen for? C modules at a guess?

For reference sake, here's what my build output said when I tried to link
the files:
https://gist.github.com/0b5b701fcd7e6cd75d01

For symfony, things are a bit interesting. It appears to expect the
existence of a filesystem it can write to. I was hopeful I could change some
of the code to simply not use it, but that isn't proving straight-forward
(it appears to be a really central dependency to a lot of it). I'm not sure
if there's an option to really support this sort of thing on a rumpkernel.
It appears I can pre-build all the files it wants to build on-demand, but in
practice it simply doesn't work that way and always fails when attempting to
write to disk.

You can have a writeable file system, you will eg have to use mke2fs
instead of mkisofs and adjust things for that, but it is not a
problem.

Justin