[rollei_list] Re: rollei Central Park "Gates" Photographs

  • From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:07:34 -0800

A good question Eric. Perhaps I was expecting too much. I certainly
enjoyed walking through the park, looking at the gates, photographing
them, and interacting with other people. I guess that's more than
enough. I'm planning on returning tomorrow, so "over-rated" might not
have been the right choice of words.

BTW, my Rolleiflex attracted a fair amount of attention. One women
asked "is that a Leica?" A young photographer (using a '70s manual SLR
at least as old as he was) described a Rolleiflex his girlfriend got
from her grandfather and asked if they could still be used.

Bob Marvin