[rollei_list] Re: plastic eveready case prototyping

  • From: Choiliefan@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:07:48 EDT

Greg,
I think it's a great idea!
Here's a link to a fellow making a Kydex plastic holster for his  handgun.
The plastic material appears to form very easily using basic shop  tools and
heat.  Inside could be covered with a thin layer of fabric,  neoprene, etc to
cushion the camera body.  Perhaps contact cement would  work for that...?
Anyway, here's the link: _http://www.steyrclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2602_
(http://www.steyrclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2602)
Keep the ideas coming!
Health, Peace
Lance
Selma, NC 27576

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a message dated 10/20/2008 9:40:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
fa420324@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi,

I just had an idea the past instant:

There  are now websites where one can send 3D shapefiles for 3D printing.
Current 3D  printing material become more and more performant. I was wondering
if
it was  not possible to design an eveready case in plastic, quite similar to
the  leather one, but modern, with some features I'm thinking of, such as
better  front protection and another way to put it on and remove it. I'm
thinking
of  it and will try to have a clearer idea of the thing.

Maybe  the thing could be just a shell in which the camera is protected from
tear and  wear and dings, without being completely covering the camera. Still
don't no  precisely, but this could be interesting to draw and try.

What do  you think?

All the  best,

Greg