[rollei_list] plastic eveready case prototyping

  • From: fa420324@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:39:51 +0200

Hi,

I just had an idea the past instant:

There are now websites where one can send 3D shapefiles for 3D printing.
Current 3D printing material become more and more performant. I was wondering
if it was not possible to design an eveready case in plastic, quite similar to
the leather one, but modern, with some features I'm thinking of, such as better
front protection and another way to put it on and remove it. I'm thinking of it
and will try to have a clearer idea of the thing.

Maybe the thing could be just a shell in which the camera is protected from
tear and wear and dings, without being completely covering the camera. Still
don't no precisely, but this could be interesting to draw and try.

What do you think?

All the best,

Greg