[rollei_list] Re: flash with sl66e?

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 13:52:11 -0300 (ART)

I guess you can't use your dedicated Canon 580EX flash
with the SL 66 E, according your flash manual it
hasn't a PC terminal, at least if it had one you could
try if it works for the manual mode.
One of my Pentax dedicated flashes has not PC terminal
and then I tried to use it for a Petri FT camera and
for the TLR too, I used a flash bracket adding an
independent hot shoe to the bracket shoe and connected
the hot shoe to the cameras PC terminal via a cable
with the right terminals ( I still have this cable)
and  the flash did not fire with the Petri or the TLR,
I had a similar experience with a dedicated Minolta
flash and with a dedicated Minolta-Olympus-Pentax
Vivitar 2800, they did not fire, however with the
dedicated cameras they work OK.

I agree with Mike about an electronic flash with auto
mode and sensor will work perfectly for the SL 66 E,
however be careful about the flash unit trigger
voltage, very old automatic electronic flashes have
high trigger voltage (200-300 volts), it was not a
problem for mechanical shutters but it can damage
cameras with electronic flash circuits, as example
Vivitar 283 flashes manufactured from 1987 are OK, it
is recommended less than 10 volts like trigger voltage
for electronic cameras or for mechanical cameras with
flash electronic circuits.

Anyway the last word if your dedicated Canon flash
will work at least in manual mode with the SL 66 E is
a practical attempt, my experience with other
dedicated flashes was negative.-

All the best
Carlos

http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration
> > ---
> > Rollei List
> >
> > - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> with 'subscribe'
> > in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

> with
> > 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging
> into www.freelists.org

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

> with
> into www.freelists.org

      Tarjeta de crédito Yahoo! de Banco Supervielle.
Solicitá tu nueva Tarjeta de crédito. De tu PC directo a tu casa.
www.tuprimeratarjeta.com.ar