[rollei_list] Re: filters

  • From: dpurdy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:14:28 -0500 (EST)

I shoot black and white landscape a lot and use filters quite a bit.  For
the 2.8C you will need bay 3.  You can buy a  step up from bayonet to
screw-in on ebay for 49mm.  I have one of those but only use if for the
polarizor because the Rollei polarizor filter is so expensive.  Otherwise
I like to use Rollei filters.

In my experience I find the Orange a very useful filter.  As well as Green
and of couse UV.  I would think Yellow is important for a lot of
photographers though personally I never use mine.  I got all my filters
from ebay and I got them cheap.  though I have seen them go for a lot of
money.  The best thing is one of the kits that have 5 filters and 2
Rolleinars and a lens shade.   More convenient than carrying around a lot
of little individual cases.

Dennis