[rollei_list] Re: errand For Mark Rabiner in NY

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 08:19:21 -0800

Thanks Mark. People manning the phones at these places don't seem to know anything. But Kodak has improved it's Tmax 400 and is calling the improved version TMY-2 (so I have heard). People here and there are finding it on the shelves and apparently they changed the box to say "worlds sharpest" or" worlds finest grained 400 speed film". It is supposed to be available in all formats. Kodak originally said it would hit the shelves in November (according to some). I wanted to buy a batch before the end of the year but that has passed so my next hopeful deadline is the first week of February before a trip to Oaxaca. I just got a small batch of 120 tmax 400 from B&H last week and it was the old type. You might think that the suppliers would put the old stuff on sale or something to clear it out but I guess that is selfish thinking as the suppliers need their profits. Anyway that is the story as well as I can tell it. I think this link takes you to a pdf file of questions and answers about the film as well as images of the new box..
<x-tad-bigger>http://blog.revoldrib.com/files/0710/bwFilmQAs.pdf</x-tad-bigger>

Happy new year
Dennis
On Dec 31, 2007, at 23:16, Mark Rabiner wrote:

Hey Mark, you mentioned the other day that you are near B&H. If you
are very near there Please do me a favor and go in there and look at
the films and see if they are stocking TMY-2 in 120.

They don't list it on line or in their catalog and the salesman I just
talked to wouldn't go look for me. I want to order some of that film
and I don't want the old stuff. I read on line that someone had gotten
some 120 TMY-2 from B&H.

Otherwise I will wait the 5 days till I get the one roll I ordered to
see what they send.

thanks a billion (millions have become irrelevant)
Dennis

Sure ok so the X is the 100 and the Y should be the 400.
Now what does the "2 " mean not 220 I'm not in heaven yet let me see... (he
goggles)
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/f4043/f4043.pdf
?id=0.2.26.14.17.14.18&lc=en

Took me 20 minutes on the Kodak site to find "film". Then it was a bunch of
half ass baloney. Ultra max, Elite chrome and APS.
Who's Max? George Eastman's uncle?

They moved everything upstairs at B&H when I wasn't looking I'm there about
every other month but I'll get over there soon and check it out!

Happy new year Rollei lovers!

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com