[rollei_list] Re: 'cord IV-Plus X-Microdol combo + photo hunter

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:41:09 -0500

> I obtained a better contrast for the Plus X with the Microdol diluted
> 1:1; I think the 1:3 dilution will work fine with the Ilford Pan F 50,
> my next roll ready to develop.
>
> Carlos

Give your Microdol 1:3 enough time and you'll have too much contrast.
Few have the patience.
But giving a developer a stronger dilution to obtain an "optimum" shorter
developing time is never a good idea. Unless you are developing sheet film
in a tray. And even then....

Microdol had fallen out of favor decades ago with any of the smarter people.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner