[rollei_list] Re: Welcome to the List

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:41:56 -0800

Hi Dirk,

Glad you joined. There were some virus and other issues with the old
list. I will let others expound on it. Much of the old gang is here
and I only hope we continue to talk Rollei and not other lifestyle
thoughts and feelings.

BTW, only 1 person was ind enough to reply about my asking about the
satin lens caps Rollei used. I sold a Rollei 2.8E Xenotar and it had a
Satin lenscap. I was wondering what model started having these satin
lenscaps as opposed to the mirror lenscaps. Only reason I sold the
Xenotar was I have far too many Rolleis at this time and it was
sitting idle.

Peter K

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:06:59 +0100, Dirk-Roger Schmitt
<Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Richard,
>=20
> I did register after I was missing for some days all mails from the old R=
UG
> list, so I wa wondering which happend.
>=20
> But Bob and Peter informed me on this new list.
>=20
> Hope that all guy from the old list are here again.
>=20
> What wasthe rason that the old RUG list was abondoned?
>=20
> Greetings
>=20
> Dirk
>=20
>=20
> At 11:32 12.02.2005, you wrote:
> >     We have had several new subscribers in the last couple
> >of days. I want to say welcome to all of you. This is a
> >somewhat eclectic list. While it is dedicated to Rolleflex
> >and Rolleicord cameras it is populated by people who find
> >life in general interesting and trade ideas about it. Do not
> >be discouraged, there IS Rollei material here and questions
> >about or experiences with Rolleis will be responded to.
> >     Marc Small is the list owner, I am one of the assistant
> >list nannies.
> >
> >---
> >Richard Knoppow
> >Los Angeles, CA, USA