[rollei_list] Re: Tamarkin Rare Camera Auction .. corrected url

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 22:49:14 +0100

Potentially stupid question -

I’ve never had any burning desire to own a Leica, being well served by Contax,
Nikon and the Voigtlander (Cosina) bodies for Zeiss glass.

However, I have on occasion wondered about picking one up just to try one. As
if I don’t already have enough cameras I don’t get to use enough…

Would this auction be a good place to start for a decent user (not interested
in anything with collector value)? eBay seems to be a free for all these days.

Looking over the info about the cameras online, it seems an M3, M4, M4-P and
M4-2 would all be good choices for the classic mechanical Leica experience?
Pretty robust and straightforward in use?

What is the “go to” lens (anywhere between 50mm and 28mm, no need for anything
extreme)?

Thanks,
Thor