[rollei_list] Re: Sweet spot...Rolleikin

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 18:41:20 -0300

2011/10/26 Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> At 05:06 PM 10/26/2011, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
>
>>Richard:
>>               When the Rolleikin I first version was introduced into
>>the market in 1933 there was no 35mm bulk color film for still
>>photography available commercially in Germany, it was 6 years later,
>>in 1939,  that the Rolleikin I with the fourth version was adapted to
>>use Agfacolor and Kodachrome 35mm color films, it was intended to use
>>35mm bulk B&W  film originally.
>
> What about Dufaycolor?  Leitz modified the 1.5/5cm Xenon to take the special
> filters, I recall.  That was around 1934 or '35.

Dufaycolor and Autochrome were complex and expensive color systems
from the beginning of XXth century, it was in 1932 that Dufaycolor
became a workable motion film made by a British company and in 1932
first Rolleikin prototypes were already developed;  the Rolleikin was
not intended for those color systems, it was intended for the massive
market using 35mm B&W film in 1932/33.-