[rollei_list] Re: Santa came with my "new" 2.8F, in a Fedex sleigh!!!

  • From: Kenneth Frazier <kennybod@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:09:23 -0500

On Dec 30, 2005, at 5:04 PM, Peter K. wrote:

hy I prefer the Planar over the "other" 2.8 lens. (no names mentioned to protect the innocent). :-)

Uh, oh! Sounds like I'm in the middle of something here, so I think I'll just step outside, with my 2.8F Planar in hand and take a few pictures! :--)

All kidding aside, folks, I know there are ongoing debates (polite word, notice) about the relative merits of Planars, Xenotars, Tessars, Summicrons, Elmarits, etc, etc. Frankly, I have found that ALL of the well-made lenses perform as well as I could ever want.

May the Zeiss and Leitz gods smile upon us!!!! (And, probably are laughing up their divine sleeves at us, no doubt!) :-)

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography: http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r
Skype: +1 8606328546