[rollei_list] SL66 lenses on other MF cameras

  • From: Jan Decher <jan.decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 09:49:34 -0700

David and Dan:

I have hexagonal Novoflex Bellows designed to use SL66 lenses on 35mm SLRs.
It's quite large because of the diameter of the SL66 bayonet.  It uses
standard Novoflex 35mm SLR adapters on the back.  I had extensive
communication with R. Hiesinger at Novoflex if they could modify the back
to accomodate my Contax 645 body. I thought it would be cool to use the
5.6/250 or 5.6/500 SL66 lenses on the Contax.  Hiesinger said it could not
be done.  The bellows even in compressed position are too thick to get
infinity focus with SL66 lenses on the Contax.

However, you should be able to use a variety of SL66 lenses (esp. 4/50,
2.8/80, 4/150) for Macro in Hasselblad/Pentax 67/Exakta 66, Mamyia 645 etc
using their various MF adapters on their universal bellows BALPRO 1 or
their new tilt/shift bellows BALPRO T/S (see
http://www.novoflex.de/english/html/products.htm). Unfortunately the SL66
lens adapter for the front of these bellows is 199 EURO list price.
Jan

Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 08:55:46 -0700
From: David Seifert <dseifert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dan,
Ah, now I understand the question.  The SL66 lenses are not readily
usable on any other body.  The System 6000 cameras do not have internal
shutter mechanisms so the SL66 lens will not be usable.  I guess it
would be possible to mount an SL66 lens on a bellows for a Hasselblad
with a focal plane shutter but this would certainly not be a good way to
demonstrate the lens.
Yes, for a store to effectively demonstrate an SL66 lens only an SL66
family body will do.
David