[rollei_list] Re: SCANNING MF

  • From: Walker Smith <doubs43@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:26:24 -0500

I'm guessing that it's your software and/or settings. I use vuescan with two Epson scanners; 4180 and a 4490. Here are four examples of 6x6 negatives that I've scanned. Taken by my father with either a Rolleicord or 'Flex, two are over 50 years old and two are more than 60 years old.

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i99/doubs43/Misc/?action=view&current=MrsPeddicordCatJun1958.jpg
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i99/doubs43/Misc/?action=view&current=TwoBoysFishApril1957.jpg
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i99/doubs43/Misc/?action=view&current=CreekinWinter1940s.jpg
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i99/doubs43/Misc/?action=view&current=Winter1944-45.jpg

The following is from a previous post by a Mr. John Poirier on the Spotmatic Group that I copied and saved. It's been extremely helpful and I owe Mr. Poirier thanks for posting it. I hope it is as helpful to you and others here.

gram rupert wrote:
Hi,
When scanning my MF (including Rolleiflex) stuff, I get poor results. I am using an Epson 4990 flatbed. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rupert.