[rollei_list] Re: Rollie R3 film

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:11:39 -0300 (ART)

The Rollei R3 film has three layers to allow its wide
ISO range with the dedicated Rollei developers (film
and developers are Maco really), according the EI you
shot you could obtain the best results using the
developer for low and "normal" speed or the developer
for high speed, each developer has different effect on
the different layers.
If my memory is good, the regular ISO speed for the R3
is ISO 400 if you develop it with a general film
developer; BTW the name R3 is due to the three
layers.-

All the best
Carlos
--- Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx> escribió:

> Dear All
> I shot a roll of Rollei R3 film shortly after it
> came out. With one roll I tried using a piece of
> overexposed slide film inside the camera as an IR
> filter and the results were a failure. I dumped the
> film in a corner of the darkroom and didn't look at
> it till today. I picked it up for my daughter to use
> to practice loading 120 into a developing reel and
> discovered that the film is delaminating big time.
> Its separating into three layers, two thin outer
> layers one on each side, one of which seems to
> contain the image and a central more rigid
> transparent layer.
> Has any one else encountered this?  One thing I
> should stress is that this was not by any manner of
> means normal film storage conditions. Humidity
> probably cycles 50-100% and there is probably a
> significant amount of airborne chemistry from time
> to time.
> Any thoughts welcome
> Larry Cuffe

> with 'subscribe'