[rollei_list] Re: Rolleigrid vs. Maxwell -- initial impressions.

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 16:35:22 -0400

Sanders -

My beattie was inexpensive because it was purchased used. New, I
suspect the costs for Beattie and Maxwell are roughly comparable but
cannot say for sure. The Beatties have been around for a long time and
are pretty ubiquitus; I suspect it is more likely you could find a
used Beattie than a used Maxwell...

Eric Goldstein

On 6/6/06, SandersM@xxxxxxx <SandersM@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Eric, I think I remember you (or someone) saying that the Beattie screens
were much cheaper than the Maxwells.  How do they differ?  Do you know if
the Beattie screens are available for large format cameras?  I need a new
screen for my 5x7 Norma.

 Sanders

 In a message dated 6/6/06 4:01:30 PM, egoldste@xxxxxxxxx writes:

This is why I prefer the beattie screen over the Maxwell. I have used a rolleigrid on the 2.8 C and agree with you relative to a comparison with the maxwell, but feel the beattie is an improvement over the rolleigrid both in terms of brightness and ease of focus. The beattie snaps into focus for me; the maxwell does not...