[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex filter evolution

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 13:58:42 -0300

The red "R" was used along some years during the '50s to indicate the
filter has antireflection coating. R I means Rollei bayonet I. Bayonet
mount filters with the diameter size in mm, f.e. 28,5mm (BI) are older
than the filters without the diameter size in mm. Several Bayonet I
B&W filters were made from 1938/1941. "Franke & Heidecke" was used up
to about 1964, only "Rollei"  afterward.
Most special filters for color photography were made from 1958/1960.
Duto filters B I were made from 1937 to 1951, They were called
"Rolleisoft" from 1952.-
Before the Rolleiflex Automat models (1937), Rollei filters did not
have bayonet mount, they had friction mount.

Carlos