[rollei_list] Rolleiflex filter evolution

  • From: "Allan Derickson" <alland435@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:04:00 -0700

I haven?t seen this covered before and I?ve always been curious about the
changes to Rollei filters through the years.

I have collected an assortment of filters for my bayonet one Automat over
the years. They differ slightly in detail.  For the black and white filters
I have:

The first three styles are satin finished flat front.

Reading clockwise:

GERMANY (all caps)

Rollei  - hellgrun

28,5 Ø

FRANKE & HEIDECKE (all caps, slightly larger font)

(no filter factor)

GERMANY (all caps)

Rollei gelb - mittel

R (red script)

FRANKE & HEIDECKE ( all caps, slightly larger font)

no filter factor

GERMANY (all caps)

RI (black script R, sans serif I)

Rollei - gelb - hell

-1 (filter factor)

This last one is highly polished beveled front

GERMANY (all caps)

RI (black script R, sans serif I)

Rollei - hellrot

-2 ... -3,5 (filter factor)

Then I have a:

Rollei - Duto 0

28,5 Ø

Germany (only first letter capitalized)

Franke & Heidecke (only first letters capitalized)

And a:

Rollei ? Duto 1

28,5  Ø

FRANKE & HEIDECKE (all caps)

GERMANY (all caps)

And finally, some of my color correction filters have red script ?R? and
some have black script ?RI?

Can anyone put dates on these styles?