[rollei_list] Rolleiflex 2.8F - Telos?

  • From: Jaime Kopchinski <jaimekop@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:46:17 -0500

Hello everyone,

I know we have some Rollei history experts on this list.  This is something
I've wondered about since acquiring my cameras a few years ago:  On the
focusing hood in place of the normal F&H Rollei logo, I have a similar logo
which reads:

Rollei
IMPORTE D'ALLEMAGNE
TELOS

I've posted a picture here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaimekop/4304427393/

I have the original owners manual in French, but from what I can see it
doesn't give any suggestions about another import company or any other
reason for this badge.  In addition, I think the leather covering on the
cameras seems to be a bit different than I've seen on other cameras.  Its
very matte in its finish, without much shine.  Is this something different,
or a result of having been protected for much of its life?

Thank for any insight,
Jaime