[rollei_list] Re: Rollei dummies

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:22:17 -0300

2012/7/19 John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Great Carlos, there are many interesting Rollei memorabilia 'out there' and
> if information about them can be catalogued, a useful knowledge base will be
> accumulated...

 John:
          I have some info about the giant Rolleiflex 4x4 Baby first
model replica, it belongs to a Brazilian photographer from Rio de
Janeiro city, the replica used to sit at a photography shop’s front
window located in downtown Rio de Janeiro. The shop closed in the
early 1960’s and the shop owner kept the huge replica with him until
he turned 90 years old. He then gave it for free to the guy who sold
it  to the current owner. The old man got the camera from a camera
sales man who visited the Franke & Heidecke factory in Germany. This
sales man brought the camera to Brazil and when he retired, gave it to
this old man who had the photography shop and was one of his clients.
The replica weighs about 10 kg.
The current owner authorized me to publish the giant replica
photographs and the info in one of my blogs, I'll do it when I have a
bit of time.