[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Zeiss 0.7x Mutar & Carlos' pics

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 11:57:07 -0300

2013/10/12 Steve Dunn <bicycle551@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I wasn't aware they were 'corrected' only for the Zeiss Rolleiflex Planar
> 3.5 lens.  Of course, Rollei made adapter rings to allow using them on many
> models. I wonder if there were tests or assessments released by Rollei
> comparing the use with Planar 3.5 vs 2.8 or use with the Schneider
> counterparts?
>
> BTW Carlos, very nice shots!

Steve:
           Claus Prochnow wrote about the Mutars in the Rollei Report
2, page 24-502  : "Carl Zeiss put the optimal optical calculus for the
best selling Planar 3.5 (Carl Zeiss legte die optische Regnung optimal
für das meistverkaufte Planar 3,5 aus)". Mutars 0,7x and 1,5x for the
Rollei TLR were manufactured from 1963 to 1967, the 3.5F was the best
selling Rolleiflex at the time and it used the Planar 3,5/75 six
elements as the 3.5E3 used the same lens too;  the 3.5E3 was
manufactured up to 1965 only. I don't know about available comparisons
tests now, but there is no doubt they were made by Zeiss and Rollei.
I'm very satisfied about the Mutar 0.7x-Xenotar Schneider 2.8/80 combo
results.

My Mutar 0.7x came with Bayonet III adapter rings and then I use it
with the 2.8C, perhaps I could use it with the 3.5F 75mm since the
original Mutar mount is for this camera.  I disassembled the taking
lens BIII adapter ring and I found the original BII mount there, but I
couldn't disassemble the viewing lens BIII adapter ring because there
is a problem with a screw head, I did not insist to avoid some
"accident" putting the screwdriver on the glass, anyway I need to
disassemble this adapter ring some day to verify if the viewing lens
has the original BII mount or if it would be necessary a BII adapter
ring, some sources say it has the BII original mount as the taking
lens, other sources say the viewing lens does not have any original
mount and it would need a BII adapter ring anyway (there are different
BII adapter rings according the lenses distance, 42mm or 45mm).
Thank you Steve for the kind comment.