[rollei_list] Rollei Mutar vs RolleiWIDE/TELE vs Mamiya

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:40:05 +0000 (GMT)

--- Neil Gould <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Hi Andrea,

> Given your objective, I'd recommend the Mutar
> approach. I'd also like to
> offer a perspective that may differ a bit from the
> other contributions.
> Like Jerry L., I have a 6x6 SLR system with wide and
> telephoto lenses
> (although it's a Rollei 6008i). And, like you, I
> have a Rollei 3.5. The
> 6008i is flexible, but it is an attention getter,
> and it's not very
> practical to carry all of that gear around for
> street shooting. The 3.5 is
> unobtrusive and light weight, and IMO makes a better
> choice for candid
> photos. The difference is that I would not carry
> around the extra lenses,
> and would instead set up the camera ahead of time
> for the location and
> type of shooting that I would be doing. In all
> likelihood, I would stay
> with the basic camera and normal lens, as much of
> the time the scene can
> be adjusted with my feet instead of by changing
> lenses. Keep it simple!

When I had the Mamiya 645 with normal, wide and tele
lenses, I preferred the Rollei TLR for street and
candid potos for the same reasons, it is unobtrusive
and light weight. If you work with enlargers, scanned
negs or diapos you can cut the main image to enlarge
it, I have obtained excellent results using this
method framing the main subject at the center to
obtain the best lens performance, BTW, if you need
giant enlargements, it's better to use a SLR with a
Tele lens. I never used a Mutar, but according
commentaries and some tests they are very
satisfactories for little f stops specially.-

All the best

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar