[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 relaunched - 3003 digi-back

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:43:24 +0100

I think reality set in! Nothing anywhere near as small as that device can yet been produced. Wishful thinking from a non-engineer I suspect, maybe a practical system of this size may one day be possible after another 10 or 20 years of engineering advances, sensors would need to get about 1000% thinner to fit in for a start........

Frank

On 15 Aug, 2007, at 13:07, John Wild wrote:

3003 digi, me too, yes please!

What ever happened to the 'e-film' (I think it was called) digital unit based around a 35mm type cassette with a 'sticky-out' thin sensor to go in the film plane, which was going to be produced to fit in existing 35mm cameras, about 5-7 years ago?

John