[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 Sonnar for portraits

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 21:33:26 +0200

Hola Carlos,

I often find in situations like you describe that a simple piece of paper (most
hotels offer a complimentary pad of stationary for their guests) or similar can
do wonders as a low-tech bounce to help lighten up dark areas.

Just a friendly thought. Is that your daughter in the picture?

Yes, it appears that VueScan did indeed do it’s work. I really like that
program.

Cheers,
Thor

On 17 May 2015, at 20:56, Cmfreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thor
I think your opinión is very reasonable from a technical point of
view, however it was not a studio shot, it was a snapshot. I had no flash and
I had no means to reflect the light on the face. My wife and me were
preparing our suitcases in the hotel room after a lunch with my oldest
daughter, when she came to the room for a few minutes before the farewell.
The Lumix was charging the battery and I used the 35S for a snapshot, the
only place with natural light to shoot camera hand-held was the room's small
and narrow balcony, I could only shoot from a little angle in the room. I had
no options considering the conditions.

I'm glad you can't see the white dots in the image, it means VueScan did its
work.
Carlos